lunedì 27 aprile 2020

LIKES AND DISLIKES

👉AUDIO
( right click: tasto destro)

Hello children! How are you? It was very nice to catch up on Friday!
This coming Friday is a holiday, so I will come and say a quick hello on Thursday, during your lesson with Mrs Martinetti and Mrs Nebbia.
Today I think it's good to talk about 
I like and I don't like, followed by a verb

When we talk about our likes and dislikes, we can talk about things we like to do or things we don't like to do. We must follow a simple rule: after I like, I don't like, I love, I hate, I detest, I enjoy, I prefer, the following verb requires -ing at the end.  
Example:

  1. I like playing;
  2. I don't like studying;
  3. I love singing;
  4. I hate reading;
  5. I enjoy walking;
  6. I detest working;
  7. I prefer listening to music.
PAY ATTENTION! 👀
When a verb finishes with a mute -e, the -e falls before the -ing:
Example: 
  • Take taking (prendere o portare)
  • Bakebaking (cucinare al forno)
  • Bore boring (annoiare/ noioso)
  • Dancedancing (ballare)
✌When a verb finishes with a sillable made of a consonant, plus a vowel, plus a consonant, you must double the last consonant.
Example:

  • Stop → stopping
  • Get →  getting
  • Sit  →  sitting
  • Travel → travelling
👌The double consonant applies to the writing and NOT to the pronunciation!


Now, some practice! 
Copy these exercises on your exercise book, using Like/Don't like/Love/Hate/Detest/Enjoy/Prefer (not just Like), according to the context.
On grammar corner write the date and the weather, then the title: Likes and dislikes




See you on Thursday!
Mrs Grey
💖




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Posta qui i tuoi commenti...